Mussels with apple and calvados in a jar
A Brittany classic, this dish by Rachel Khoo is delicious on a baguette with drinks or for lunch!
- 1 kg mussels
- 200 gram unsalted butter
- 50 ml calvados
- 1 shallot very finely chopped
- 1 small apple diced
- 2 el bladpeterselie mince
- sea salt
- milled white pepper
- 1 baguette
Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- Melt the butter in a pan and skim off the white foam so you get clarified butter
- Pour the calvados into a mussel pan and add the mussels as soon as the liquor begins to steam
- Cook the clams until all the shells are open. Shake the pan in between so that the heat is evenly distributed.
- Laat de mosselen even afkoelen en haal ze dan uit de schelp
- Allow the mussels to cool briefly, then remove them from the shells
- Turn the heat low and stir everything well, then stir in the parsley
- Divide the mussels among the jars and pour the clarified butter over them
- Let them cool or refrigerate until the butter has come to room temperature
- The original dish can be found in My French Kitchen by Rachel Khoo"